Saturday, May 31, 2008

More Decants On Their Way

So I got paid, and I needed a treat (life being, right now, stressful), so I ordered up another batch of teeny-tiny decants. On their way:

Stella, by Stella McCartney--because rose and amber sounded good

Tresor--because apricot jam sounded good!

Magnolia Romana by Eau d'Italie--loved Eau d'Italie, and Sienne l'Hiver, so giving this a try.

Ume by Keiko Mecheri--I grew up in San Francisco, and salted plum treats are a fond childhood memory. I want to see if this is anything like that in perfumey form.

Three L'Artisans: Piment Brulant, Passage d'Enfer and Voleur de Roses--I'm trying Passage and Voleur because they sound intriguing, and I've heard lots of good things about them on the web. The Piment Brulant I want to try simply because it's got some of my favorite things--chocolate and peppers (yay!), and how can I pass up something that's described as being based on an Aztec love potion?

Comme des Garcons Zagorsk--I almost went for the Avignon, but I liked the sound of the notes for this one better, and well, Russian, Russian...

and Serge Lutens Fleurs d'Oranger, because it sounds wonderful. And because I gotta try something by this Lutens guy, and see if the perfume is as fabulous as everyone tells me.

Apparently I pick things to sample because they sound like they taste good, or because of cultural associations. Well, I could have told you that!

No comments: